Chemicals can be classified as organic and inorganic chemicals. Organic chemicals are chemicals that contain carbon. There are over a million varieties of organic chemicals available in the world today. Organic chemicals can be broadly classified into natural compounds, synthetic compounds, and biotechnology. India has a flourishing chemical industry. The chemicals manufactured are used for the manufacturing and agricultural sector. According to the organic chemicals import data, India imported 13911.79 Million dollars in 2019. Organic chemicals are generally used to support the agricultural industry.
The data revealed the top organic chemicals imported to India were:-
- Methylene Diphenyl Diisocyanate or MDI is a chemical used for the production of polyurethanes. Polyurethanes are used for many applications including used to make the insulation for your refrigerator. MDI in polyurethanes is also used to manufacture strong adhesives, coating, and sealant. The chemical is used to make footwear, sports and leisure products. According to the organic chemicals import data India imported 17% of the MDI. The major organic chemical partners of India for MDI are:-
- The United States of America
- Cyclic hydrocarbons are carbon and hydrogen compounds. It is used as a solvent and chemical raw material. The organic chemicals import data reveals that cyclic hydrocarbons are the 71st most traded commodities in the world. India is the 3rd largest importer of cyclic hydrocarbons. India imports 4.9% (2.15 billion dollars) of total cyclic hydrocarbon imported every year. The major organic chemical partners of India for cyclic hydrocarbons are:-
- Singapore (32% of total cyclic hydrocarbon imported by India)
- Saudi Arabia (26% of total cyclic hydrocarbon imported by India)
- Kuwait (15% of total cyclic hydrocarbon imported by India)
- Acyclic alcohols are used in several industries in India. Acyclic alcohol is also known as methyl, methanol, propanols, butyl, butanols, and octyl. According to Organic chemicals Import data, acyclic alcohol is the 98th largest traded commodity in the world. India is the second-largest importer of acyclic alcohol and the country constituted 6.5% (2.1 billion dollars) in 2017 of the total acyclic alcohol imported worldwide. The major organic chemical partners of India for acyclic alcohol are:-
- Saudi Arabia (31% of total acyclic alcohol imported by India)
- Kuwait (19% of total acyclic alcohol imported by India)
- Iran (16% of total acyclic alcohol imported by India)
The Director-General of Foreign Trade Office gives importers an Importer Exporter Code Number. This is a one-time formality but may require renewal as per the terms and conditions of the importing country. The process of importing organic chemicals may differ in different countries. The process and formalities for imports may differ from one country to another. Most countries require:
- Certificate to meet specifications of the quality agency of the importing country.
- Certificate of origin to import organic chemicals.
- Anti-dumping duties for organic chemicals
- Safeguard duty
The major organic chemicals importers list in India are:-
- Dishman Pharmaceutical Chemicals
- Schutz Dishman Biotech Pvt. Ltd.
- Black Rose Export Pvt. Ltd.
- Shasun Chemicals Drugs Ltd.
Export Import Data Solutions is a leading import export data company in India. It offers the latest, genuine and reliable customs shipment data of global countries. At exportimportdata.in you can get export import data India, Indian trade data, customs data India, Indian import data, export data India, HS codes list, HS code finder, custom duty in India etc.
Related Blog: Benefit From Advisory & Consultation from Indian Import Export Data Experts